Energy, Oil & Gas
and Natural Resources
Tonucci & Partners has significant experience in energy law and regulations, including both renewable energy and oil & gas. We assist our Clients through a multidisciplinary approach involving a coordinated team of lawyers drawn up from different practice groups that are able to provide integrated advice on the corporate, environmental, procurement, administrative, financial, antitrust, real estate and tax law aspects of energy transactions.
We have an excellent experience in the renewable energy sector, having assisted foreign and domestic operators in important deals in Italy and in the Balcanic area through our offices located in Romania and Albania, where we have been operating since 1995.
Our expertise in the energy field includes among other things the following activities:
- Assistance before the relevant national and local authorities in the administrative proceedings for the authorization of renewable energy plants, including biomass, wind farm and solar plants, according to Italian national and regional energy law and regulations
- Assistance in merger and acquisition transactions involving energy companies
- Assistance in negotiating and drafting power purchase agreements
- Assistance in negotiating and drafting EPC contracts
- Assistance in conducting due diligence on energy law aspects of relevant transactions
- Assistance in negotiating and drafting O&M contracts
- Assistance in project finance and leasing transactions relating to the construction and operation of renewable energy plants, including wind, solar, hydroelectric and biomass plants
- Assistance and representation before Italian Civil and Administrative Courts e.g. to challenge the Italian Energy Authority resolutions or competitors’ initiatives.
We also have a particularly important experience in the privatization of state-owned companies operating in energy sector both in Italy and abroad.